|HMS Conway 1859 - 1974
© Alfie Windsor 1998
The Friends Of HMS Conway (Registered Charity No.1070944)
The Friends of HMS Conway was formed in 1996 to preserve the memory of the training schooL ship HMS Conway through the acquisition, maintenance and display of artefacts and memorabilia connected with the ship and the later shore establishment.
Our first task was to find a home for the memorabilia collected over the years, particularly the Memorial and Honours Boards from the original Conway Chapel at Plas Newydd. We were most fortunate to be granted the use of a small chapel in the Birkenhead Priory, a 12th century building overlooking the River Mersey at Rock Ferry where the old ship used to lie and therefore an ideal resting place for items of Conway history.
|Page Last Modified (D/M/Y): 10/5/10|